Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall with the Family

The fam coming out of the trailhead.
Fall is hands down my favorite time of the year. I am so inspired by all the colors and find myself constantly drawing the girls attention to how amazing nature is this time of year. So much that my girl will now point out trees they feel are exceptional. Love that.






The girls loving the leaves
When the weather is reasonable here in Seattle (that just means not pouring rain), we really enjoy hiking as a family. At least once a weekend we go to one of the surrounding wooded parks and enjoy the forest & trails. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not a naturalist & I love taking the girls for walks in the city just as much as the woods. However there is just something about the sunlight shining through a huge tree illuminating it's multiple colored leaves that really works for me.

Less than a mile from my house there is a park next to the zoo that is a beautiful wooded space. On the back side of the hilly terrain is a skatepark & bmx bike park. This is one of our favorite places to walk to...a little nature & a little urban, perfect!

Do you have a favorite Fall day? Please share, we'd love to hear about it.

Woodland Park  Skate Park



No comments:

Post a Comment